Monday, June 28, 2010

Wake up


Over the last few months Olive has gradually started getting up in the mornings earlier and earlier. It's happened over time so wasn't a drastic change, but recently has been around 6:00 or 6:30. We have tried a few strategies to try and convince her to stay in bed longer, try to go back to sleep, or even get up and play in her room before coming into ours. Nothing has been successful.

A family I work with told me that with their son, they put a digital clock in his room, covered the minutes up with a post-it note and wrote the hour number that was acceptable to get out of bed on the post it. They told him the numbers had to match before it was time to get up. We decided to try it tonight. So I just put it in Olive's room and explained the concept. She seemed to like the idea and get it. She likes new and clear rules. Sam read her a book and left the room. About 5 minutes later I heard something fall and she called me in. She said, "my clock fell down." I asked her why and she said, "I was trying to use my nightlight to see if it was 7:00 yet.".

Not quite yet, baby. Not quite.


2 comments:

  1. oh, I love that girl.

    laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! My name is Lindsay Finlay (Nawrocki) and I knew Sam back in High school..even middle school I think. Anywho- a few friends of mine have purchased this (see link below) from One Step Ahead and repeatedly tell me it's worth spending $40 on a clock :) Continued luck to you and Congrats on your newest addition. ~Lindsay Finlay

    http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=535410&cmSource=Search

    ReplyDelete